... mathematics as an expression of the human mind reflects the active will, the contemplative reason, and the desire for aesthetic perfection, its basic elements are logic and intuition, analysis and construction, generality and individuality ... RICHARD COURANT
The study of mathematics is mandatory from Kindergarten to Year 10. By studying mathematics, students learn to work mathematically – developing fluency, understanding, problem-solving, reasoning and communication skills. The syllabus consists of: number and algebra; measurement and geometry; statistics and probability.
- offer opportunities for our students to think mathematically through questioning, communicating, reasoning and reflecting.
- promote development of 21st-century knowledge, skills, understanding, values and attitudes and provide challenge.
- find connections, think critically and creatively, using appropriate technology to support mathematical activity.
- accommodate teaching approaches that support student diversity, including students with disability, gifted and talented students.
- monitor and modify the level of challenge of a task, and in engaging and supporting a gifted student’s learning in mathematics
- highly experienced staff
- Moodle platform for resources
- wide range of mathematics competitions and opportunities
- HotMaths online platform
- lunch time Maths and Munch
- acceleration study streams
- links to University of Newcastle
- numeracy and literacy
- Australian Mathematics Competitions
- Colin Doyle Competition
- Computational & Algorithmic Thinking comp.
- ICAS UNSW Competition and Reach
- Mathematics Challenge MC
- Maths Enrichment ME
- Australian Informatics Olympiad AIO
- Aust. Intermediate Mathematics Olympiad AIMO
- Pi Day Celebration
- Collaboration with parents and community
- Enrichment Year 7 to 12
STAGE 4: Y7 & Y8
- Stage 4 Maths
STAGE 5: Y9 & Y10
- Stage 5.1 Mathematics
- Stage 5.2 Mathematics
- Stage 5.3 Mathematics
STAGE 6: Y11 & Y12
- Mathematics Standard 2 ATAR CAT A
- Mathematics Advanced
- Mathematics Extension 1
- Mathematics Extension 2
- SINGH Dharmendra HEAD TEACHER
- BAEGER Carolin
- CHALMERS Cathy
- DAGG Sonia
- EASTON Melinda
- GILLESPIE Debbie
- HILL Bruce
- JENKINS Danielle
- JONES Mitchell Y8 YEAR ADVISER
- SCOLLAY Tracy
- WENHAM Cassandra