Welcome to the Homepage for parents, carers and friends of Merewether High School. The parent body makes a significant and generous contribution to the School thanks to the support and involvement it receives from parents. Children benefit when their parents are actively involved. The future of our children depends on what we parents do in the present.
There are many and varied ways to participate. Below is a list of how you can help our children and the school. To read more details on these subjects and to get contact details click the tabs on the left. To understand more on why you should contribute and the benefits of this click the tab on the left named "Why Participate".
- Volunteer at the canteen, for example once a month or once a term.Your child likes to see you there, it's a good chance to get to know some other parents and keep in touch with the school. Profits from the canteen give the P and C a regular income and go to the latest P&C projects.
- Gardening Bees. A few hours contribution on an occasional Sunday morning helps create a tidy and respectful environment for our children.
- Parent donations to the building fund are tax deductible and spent on the latest P&C building project
- P&C Projects are projects that the school cannot get Government funding for.
- Apply for grants, this can be done at home at a time to suit you.
- Catering for selective School events. The School requests the parents cater for the Prefects Investiture, Orientation Day & Annual Presentation Assembly.
- P&C Fundraising eg parents buying the Entertainment Book.
- P&C Meetings are held in the Independent Learning Centre the third Tuesday of the month at 7.30pm.
- Duke of Edinburgh award is operated by Parents refer separate section on the website
- Parent Learning Groups are run by the school.
Parent volunteering has flexible arrangements. We encourage you to be a positive participating parent.