... Ability is what you’re capable of doing, Motivation determines what you do, Attitude determines how well you do it ... LOU HOLTZ
Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE) is mandatory from Kindergarten to Year 10. PDHPE provides students with opportunities to explore issues concerning the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and others – now and in the future. Students also participate in challenging and enjoyable physical activity, improving their capacity to move with skill and confidence.
To provide opportunities for students to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to lead a healthy, productive and active lifestyle. PDHPE makes a significant contribution to the cognitive, social, emotional, physical and spiritual development of our students.
- develop in students an ability and commitment to make and act upon informed health decisions at a personal and community level.
- provide opportunities for students to explore and develop self-esteem and skills related to communication, decision making, values clarification and interpersonal relationships.
- provide opportunities for students to participate in regular, frequent and planned physical activities.
- provide learning experiences that enable students to be active rather than passive learners.
- model practices that are supportive of a healthy lifestyle at a whole school level.
- develop an appreciation for and practical skills on the integration of technology in learning in the PDHPE KLA
- Biannual International Sports Tour
- PASS New Zealand Adventure Tour
- University Student Immersion: Health Sciences
- Y7 Lifesaving & Y10 PASS students
- Sports Gala Day ‘Try Football’
- Olympian Visits
- Road Safety programs
- Video production for Change Advocacy
- University Research Program: Burn to Learn
- Student NEAT & ATLAS activity programs
- Premier's Sporting Challenge
- Lunchtime Sports Tournaments
- NSWCHS Knockout Sporting Teams
- City Zone Gala Day Sporting Teams
STAGE 4: Y7 & Y8
- Y7 PDHPE MANDATORY
- Y8 PDHPE MANDATORY
- Y8 Physical Activity & Sports Studies ELECTIVE
STAGE 5: Y9 & Y10
- Y9 PDHPE MANDATORY
- Y10 PDHPE MANDATORY
- Y9 Physical Activity & Sports Studies ELECTIVE
- Y10 Physical Activity & Sports Studies ELECTIVE
STAGE 6: Y11 & Y12
- Y11 Y12 PDHPE
- Y11 Y12 Sports Lifestyle and Recreation SLR
- Y11 Y12 Sports Coaching VET
- 13 Gold Medals at NSW CHS Level in 2021
- over 80 Hunter representatives in 2021
- five Hunter Region Champions in 2021
- State Champion Boys Soccer
- State Champion Boys Water Polo
- consistent top band results in HSC PDHPE
- consistent top school in City Zone events
- regular success at National Level Sports
- recent Australian Schools representatives in Water Polo, Soccer and Rugby
- four students recognised in the Olympic Changemaker Program
- Justin Norris . Olympic/Commonwealth Medallist . Pool Owner/Influencer
- Iain Jensen . Olympic Gold Medal Winner London . Professional Sailor
- Harry Johnson-Holmes . Wallaby Team . Professional Rugby Player
- Nathan Power . Australian Olympian . Tokyo . Professional Water Polo Player
- Sarah Halvorsen . Australian 7’s Rugby Team . WAFL Giants
- SUTTON Kyle HEAD TEACHER
- BROOKS Karyn
- HEWITT Sonya LANGUAGE
- HOSKIN Rachelle
- LEGGE Patrick
- McCALLUM Lindsay